The Discussion Paper does not generally address the underlying concerns or requirements producers have in relation to the outputs of the regulatory framework being discussed. To this end this submission aims to comment on the sections of the proposal in general terms to ensure the broad issues that face the production sector are registered in the review process.
Specifically, GPA notes that the regulatory framework must deliver a platform that can:
- Ensure ongoing access to safe chemistry
- Ensure ongoing access to chemistry that works
- Ensure there are no unreasonable regulatory impediments to the introduction of new chemistry and the retention of existing chemistry
- Ensure that there are no unreasonable financial impediments to the introduction of new chemistry and the retention of existing chemistry
- Ensure that emergency and minor use permit processes are not impeded by unreasonable regulatory burdens.
- Ensure that risk and impact assessments consider production issues
- Ensure that registrations consider users of chemicals formally.
GPA Submission to Better Regulation of AgVet Chemicals Policy Discussion Paper (123 Kb)